Operations Engineer (Storage)
Do you want to work to make Power for Good?
We're the world's largest independent renewable energy company. We're driven by a simple yet powerful vision: to create a future where everyone has access to affordable, zero carbon energy.
We know that achieving our ambitions would be impossible without our people. Because we're tackling some of the world's toughest problems, we need the very best people to help us. They're our most important asset so that's why we continually invest in them.
RES is a family with a diverse workforce, and we are dedicated to the personal professional growth of our people, no matter what stage of their career they're at. We can promise you rewarding work which makes a real impact, the chance to learn from inspiring colleagues from across a growing, global network and opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Our competitive package offers rewards and benefits including pension schemes, flexible working, and top-down emphasis on better work-life balance. We also offer private healthcare, discounted green travel, 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell five days per annum, enhanced family leave and four volunteering days per year so you can make an impact somewhere else.
The Storage Operations Engineer will manage engineering and related issues across a broad range of cross portfolio projects. The role will focus on Storage but may be involved in Wind and Solar projects, assisting Asset Managers and Site Managers in the Management of the RES UK & I portfolio, ensuring adherence to best practice for safety, quality and environmental performance throughout the project lifecycle.
The role will support the Asset Management Team with the integration and adoption of projects into the portfolio, as well as the implementation of new services that are developed by the team.
The Storage Operations Engineer will report to the Operations Support Manager, joining a team of Operations engineers with broad experience across Wind, Solar and Battery Storage. They will have an influential role as part of the Operations Support Team in leading, developing and ensuring the performance of the Additional Services that are provided to our Customers. Additional services are those outside the scope of our Asset Management agreements.
The Storage Operations Engineer shall work across all disciplines understanding the procurement, contract, technical and site requirements related to each project.
The role will promote and enhance the Operations Support Team and shall be highly visible role within Asset Management.
The Storage Operations Engineer will:
- Help ensure high HSQE standards across our portfolio
- Act as Project Manager on additional services projects, ensuring compliance and deliverables are met
- Develop and execute Additional Services activity from owner approval to completion on Storage Assets
- Develop scopes of work/specifications for cross portfolio projects
- Complete Site Inspections across the portfolio as required.
- Direct supervision of various works, including overseeing contractors as required
- Manage new projects into the portfolio, either RES built or 3rd party sites, up to the point the projects are integrated into the Asset Management Department Quality system and can be handed over to the long-term Asset Manager.
- Lead on areas of personal expertise as part of the Operations Support Team objectives.
- Provide support to Asset Management team on risk, compliance, and performance processes.
- Lead on specific contract improvement plans to support the Contracts Team.
- Active participation in Continuous Improvement, Innovation and Standardisation activities to develop RES services.
- Support our growth and cost reduction targets.
- Provide support as required to other teams with UK Asset Management including Advisory, ESG, Contracts and Quality Teams
- Knowledge of Storage projects in either design, construction, or operations
- Health and safety management systems
- CDM Regulations
- Quality and environmental management systems
- Project financial management
- Willingness to learn new systems and skills and the confidence to identify opportunities and deliver to them
- People Management
- Planning and organising
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Project Management in an engineering environment. Renewables preferred.
- At least 1 years’ experience of Grid Scale Storage project
- On site work management – Civil, Electrical or Mechanical preferred
- Contract Management
- Interpretation of engineering drawings, work instructions and design reviews.
- Working on Solar and/or Wind Technology (desirable)
- Managing budgets and project costs
- Contract specification review and preparation
- Degree/HND Engineering or science qualifications or equivalent experience
- Project Management qualification or equivalent experience
At RES we celebrate difference as we know it makes our company a great place to work. Encouraging applicants with different backgrounds, ideas and points of view, we create teams who work together to solve complex problems and design practical solutions for our clients. Our multiple perspectives come from many sources including the diverse ethnicity, culture, gender, nationality, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, marital status, parental status, education, social background and life experience of our people.
Do you want to work to make Power for Good?