Civil / Electrical Design Engineer
A bit about Field
At Field, we’re accelerating the build out of renewable energy infrastructure to reach net zero. We are starting with battery storage, storing up energy for when it’s needed most to create a more reliable, flexible and greener grid. At Field, we will show that batteries are a totally viable part of our energy infrastructure - now, not in some distant future.
We have ambitious plans to become the defining new clean energy player in Europe over the next few years, gradually expanding beyond batteries into new asset types.
Following a successful 18 months of project development, Field has over 3GW of projects at varying stages of development spread across the UK and further developments in Italy. Having successfully commissioned our first project in Oldham, Manchester and with more projects coming on line over the next year, Field is looking to grow its project development team.
Supported by a team of grid specialists and development professionals you’ll have the opportunity to join one of the UK’s fastest growing developer, owner operators in Europe. Focussing on utility and grid scale Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) with a future view to delivering co-located projects,
Field presents an unrivalled opportunity for a successful candidate to make a valued and real contribution to not just the company but the UK and Europe’s renewable energy and carbon reduction targets.
The Civil / Electrical Design Engineer role is critical to support the development of Field’s pipeline of battery energy storage system projects. In this role, you will support the design process across a range of projects, from initial concept design through to construction.
Working knowledge of AutoCAD to produce 2D technical and electrical drawings and plans including:
- Initial concept designs;
- Single-line diagrams;
- Planning application drawings;
- Land plans; and
- Pre-construction information e.g. combined utilities plans
- Production of 3D site design models (e.g. using Autodesk Revit) to support the design and planning processes
- Implementing internal data management systems across Field
- Maintaining and establishing relations with BESS suppliers and evaluating technical specifications in tender documentation to feed into project design database
- Management and mentoring of design team
A bit about you
- Enthusiasm and curiosity about the energy storage industry
- Humble and hands-on team player, necessary in a small company environment
- Ability to work well with others at all levels, including senior management
- Ability to multitask, manage time effectively, and plan across multiple initiatives
- Great communicator that enjoys both upskilling team members and learning from them
Experience and skills we look for
- 2+ years civil or electrical engineering background
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Experience with Civil 3D and/or Revit desired but not essential
Why join us?
- Genuine impact: You will actually be building and operating the renewable infrastructure we need to reach net zero. This is not a green CSR initiative, but a company that is taking a leading role in building one of the critical solutions to a generational problem.
- Make things happen: We are still an early stage start-up, and you will have significant accountability to make things happen from day 1. You will have a lot of autonomy, will learn quickly, and be given a lot of room to grow.
- Define a new industry: The energy market is in a paradigm shift right now, evolving at a breathtaking pace, and you will play a leading role in defining how that market evolves and innovates over the next few years.
- Exceptional, diverse team: We are an eclectic team with varied backgrounds. We have experience scaling billion dollar tech start-ups, building energy companies, as well as deep specialisms in the energy markets. You will learn from and work with a bunch of fun, curious, and entrepreneurial people that really want to make an impact.
Diversity & inclusion
Diverse teams make better teams. Field is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment which is as representative as possible of our society. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership pregnancy /maternity, race, nationality, religion or belief, gender, political beliefs and sexual orientation.
We’re offering a competitive compensation package, including participation in our growth share scheme which rewards all employees for the growth of the business.
Other benefits include
- Up to 10% company wide bonus based on company performance
- Hybrid working (blend of home and office working to suit individual needs)
- NEST Pension (8% combined contributions)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- 13 weeks of fully paid leave for all new parents
- Annual learning & development budget to spend on whatever best supports your growth
- 1 month a year ‘work from anywhere in the world’ policy
- Paid dependents leave, in case you need to take time off for the most important people in your life
- Green leave - paid time off to do something good for the environment
- Fun co-working office space in Second Home, Brick Lane
- Dog friendly office (with some regular furry friends already in the team)
- Free team lunch once a week
- Regular team socials
- Birthday carbon offset - a gift from Field to the world to celebrate your birthday
- & many more on the way!
Accelerating the build out of the renewable infrastructure needed to reach net zero - and we're hiring!