About the job
At Modo Energy, we're on a mission to build the information architecture for the energy transition - we're the most accessible and comprehensive place to come to for information on the global energy transitions to net zero.
We're a dedicated and passionate team building a category-defining business, working on one of the most important missions the world needs. We are looking for individuals who love product-building, want to work with pace at a mission-oriented startup, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a rapidly growing team.
Who are we looking for?
The Market Analyst positions will be the first hire into each of our US markets research teams and will report to the Director of Content and Community. Our Markets team are the driving force behind the incisive insights and articles we publish, which help our customers to get to grips with the ever-changing energy market landscape. And we need someone to take us from zero to one to bring insightful analysis to our customers on the ERCOT market.
Though every day will be different, you can expect to spend time:
- Creating analytical content in various formats (research articles, videos, reports) to communicate insights to our subscribers and readers.
- Sourcing, processing, analyzing and interpreting large & complex datasets to support both research and the wider company.
- Shaping and supporting the growth of the Markets team in ERCOT.
- Getting to know our subscribers, building your network, and staying up to date with the latest developments in the clean energy industry.
- Work collaboratively with teams across the company on customer success, content creation, product and more.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Knowledge of or interest in how the energy system works and how power is traded in either ERCOT, PJM or CAISO - and the ability and willingness to learn more quickly.
- Experience in writing clearly and concisely to distill and communicate complex topics in human and accessible language.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills - discover, explore, visualize, and communicate numerical data. Prior experience in coding and data processing is advantageous.
- Ability to think critically and develop thoughtful opinions by cutting through the data, extracting key patterns, applying skepticism to the claims of industry participants and asking insightful questions.
- Is excited to help build a team from the ground up.
We'd love it if you also have:
- Experience with at least one programming language (e.g. Python, R).
- Experience communicating your ideas through video or a strong willingness to learn.
What You Can Expect From Modo
We want to attract and retain the best talent at Modo, and we give our people the freedom and opportunity to develop themselves and flourish.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team at Modo, as we believe a variety of backgrounds, skills and interests is what makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for supporting the transition to greener energy systems, we encourage you to apply. We have a number of positions open which could be for a range of backgrounds and experience levels. Please get in touch if you are interested and you don't meet all the requirements, or if you exceed them!
Please check out our candidate handbook to find out more about our values, principles and methods for doing this, including our equality and diversity statement, training, flexible working, and benefits package.