Head of Sales
At Modo Energy, we're on a mission to build the information architecture for the energy transition - we're the most accessible and comprehensive place to come to for information on the global energy transitions to net zero.
We're a dedicated and passionate team building a category-defining business, working on one of the most important missions the world needs. We are looking for individuals who love product-building, want to work with pace at a mission-oriented startup, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a rapidly growing team.
Who are we looking for?
Modo Energy is seeking a results-oriented and strategic Head of Sales with a primary focus on acquiring new business, reporting initially to the Director of Revenue. The ideal person will possess a deep understanding of SaaS solutions, a proven track record of building and managing high-performing sales teams and a passion for driving revenue growth.
Though every day will be different, you can expect to;
- Develop and execute the sales strategy to identify and close new business opportunities.
- Lead and mentor the AE team, setting clear objectives and monitoring key metrics to meet or exceed sales targets, with overall responsibility for hitting ARR targets.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities by proactively reaching out to clients and conducting market research to identify potential clients.
- Manage the sales pipeline, tracking leads and opportunities.
- Ensure an exceptional customer experience throughout the sales process, promoting customer satisfaction and retention.
- Prepare regular sales reports and presentations for senior leadership, providing insights and metrics on sales performance.
We are looking for someone who has:
- A proven track record of successfully driving new business sales, with at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Extensive experience in SaaS and market trends, Energy experience would be preferable but not essential.
- Experience in scaling teams from £3-10m ARR across deal sizes from £30k-250k
- Exceptional leadership skills with experience in managing high performing sales teams.
- Proactive, who can take the initiative and not wait for instruction - a hands on attitude for sure.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Adaptability and a willingness to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment.
How and where we work:
You will split your time between working from home and working at our London office Tues - Thurs.
Mondays & Fridays are up to you, work from home or come into the office.