Senior Trading Analyst
We are looking for a Senior Trading Analyst to join our Finance team based at Westwood. This role comes with a salary of £55,501 - £71,634 and a market leading benefits package.
Senior Trading Analyst - Commodity (FT, PT, Job Share)
Here's what you'll be doing
E.ON's UK trading team, as part of E.ON UK Energy Markets Limited (EEM) interacts with the traded and wholesale energy markets in order for E.ON to meet its customers' energy needs.
The Short Term Trading team trades in timeframes near to actual delivery and we are now recruiting a Senior Analyst to join us in order to:
- Deliver the implementation of new products, services and markets into systems, analytical tools and processes.
- Develop and improve models to add market insight to directly support the generation of P&L for the team.
- Develop commercial strategies for trading and position management.
- Build, develop and maintain key modelling capability (analysis and pricing) that drives capability forward. This will include a degree of modernisation and re-platforming where appropriate in conjunction with the Energy Markets Digital Technology team
- Implement new products and processes within the Short Term Trading team
- Analyse market conditions to develop expertise and insight to drive traded decisions, especially in the areas of interconnectors and stack modelling
- Work in partnership to scope and commission complex model build from the Quantitative modelling team in EEM
- Work closely with the Short Term traders to provide analytical and commercial support as required
- Develop a detailed understanding of trading systems and processes, working closely with the EEM Operational IT team
- Develop a solid understanding of E.ON’s portfolios, the wholesale traded markets and the energy industry as a whole.
- Communicate changes and impacts effectively to the wider team.
What we need from you
- Highly numerate with a commercial focus
- Graduate calibre
- An understanding of wholesale markets, in particular their fundamental drivers
- Strong interest in self-development across ancillary markets
- Practitioner level knowledge of Excel, VBA and ideally Python or an equivalent coding language
- Excellent eye for detail
- Strong analytical skills and how to use them to drive improvements and insight
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Flexible team-centred approach
- Ability to work under pressure and be able to prioritise
- Strong communication skills
- Aptitude in working with specialist IT systems
Here’s what you need to know
We’re committed to equal opportunities and actively promote a diverse and inclusive working environment, and fairness for everyone.
We realise the best people bring their energy at different times, so we’re happy to talk flexible working. We offer a range of flexible working options, including full time, part time, job share and variable start and finishing times
This is a great opportunity to play a lead role in supporting our expanding business and helping to shape the future of energy.
We have a market leading benefits package – it includes a, 26 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays, a generous pension scheme and the chance to choose from 20 flexible benefits
Your application has been successfully submitted.