We are looking for a Risk Analyst to join our Finance team based at Westwood. This position pays a salary of £41,795 - £53,061 along with a market leading benefits package.
Risk Analyst (FT, PT, Job Share)
Here's what you'll be doing
There has never been a more exciting time to join us as a Risk Analyst in the energy market‘s team due to current world-wide conditions. You will be able to apply mathematical techniques to real world concepts, building your knowledge of the energy industry and the wholesale market. You will have the opportunity to take full ownership of the analysis of high-value risks as well as communicating them to the wider business.
You will be working in Export, Structuring & Analysis using complex modelling to understand, and where possible, mitigate risk. Your work will feed into pricing and contract valuation, and contribute to senior decision-making meetings. This role will also be supporting other areas of the team on financial risk submissions and quantifying different types of financial and non-financial structures (ie batteries).
- Develop, maintain, and calibrate models for automated feeds into Pricing, Hedging, and Cost/Revenue Forecasting.
- You will become the battery/flexibility modelling expert within the team having ownership of a suite of flexibility models for valuations.
- Provide detailed analysis and modelling expertise to support structure valuations and decision papers being taken to the UK Risk Committee.
- Support the development of risk mitigating proposals through close monitoring and interpretation of external environment changes in the wholesale and competitive markets as well as internally through business process change or business issue identification.
- Work with the wider Hedging and Risk team to enhance its reputation as an analytical centre of excellence.
What we need from you
- You will be educated to degree level in a numerical discipline.
- You are highly numerate with strong ability to analyse highly complex issues and distil them into meaningful metrics and solutions.
- You can apply graduate level mathematical and statistical techniques to analysis of energy market risks.
- You have a keen interest to take responsibility proactively, often across unstructured problems, and to demonstrate ownership in these areas.
- You will have advanced modelling skills to include coding competence in one or more of VBA, Matlab, Python, C++ or the ability to understand and interpret these environments.
- Ideally you will have prior experience in flexibility modelling of batteries or other such structures.
Here’s what you need to know
We’re committed to equal opportunities and actively promote a diverse and inclusive working environment, and fairness for everyone.
We realise the best people bring their energy at different times, so we’re happy to talk flexible working. We offer a range of flexible working options, including full time, part time, job share and variable start and finishing times
This is a great opportunity to play a lead role in supporting our expanding business and helping to shape the future of energy.
We have a market leading benefits package – it includes a, 26 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays, a generous pension scheme and the chance to choose from 20 flexible benefits
Your application has been successfully submitted.