Senior Python Software Developer (d/f/m) - Munich, Germany
We are on the mission of enabling the energy transition. Energy Battery Storage Systems are a key element of the future energy infrastructure. They play an essential role in managing the volatility of renewables by providing the energy system with the much-needed flexibility.
With our AI-powered fully automated optimization and trading platform for large-scale battery storage, we ensure that energy is stored when it is abundant and released into the grid when it is needed. At the same time, by actively trading electricity, we counteract strong price fluctuations that green energies entail. Figuring out how storage provides the best value to the electricity grid and the highest returns to asset owners is how we accelerate the transition to a clean energy future.
Join us on our journey: To drive the intelligent and sustainable energy future, we need you! Take an active role in shaping our optimization and trading platform for grid-scale battery storage as a Senior Python Software Developer (d/f/m) by building our optimization platform end-to-end, implementing our algorithms or onboarding and mentoring your colleagues.
- Location: Munich, Germany
- Department: Engineering
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Our company values: Industry Leadership, Ownership, Diversity and Sustainability
Our Tech Stack
- Cloud Stack: AWS
- Serverless Architecture: Lambda, SNS, SQS, API Gateway, ECS, EventBridge
- Data Storage & Processing: DynamoDB, S3, TimeStream, Glue, Athena
- Infrastructure & CI/CD: CDK, Docker, GitHub, CodePipeline, CodeBuild, Node.js
- Build our optimization platform end-to-end: Across dimensions such as data ingestion and processing, optimization logic implementation, battery control, automated power trading
- Implementation of our optimization and trading algorithms: Focus on immediate go-lives as well as strategic, long-term focussed advancement of our platform
- Maintain and improve our tech stack: Develop environments and build infrastructure, from how services are developed and tested, to how they are built and integrated, to how they are monitored
- Cross-functional work: Especially with data scientists to support them in the implementation of our optimization logic, automated trading execution, and battery control
- Mentoring and Coordination: Define and foster engineering best practices and spend time teaching engineers and data scientists on how to use our tools
- Support of your colleagues: You will support your colleagues during their onboarding, daily operations and strategic tasks
- 5+ years experience in Backend Development
- 2-3 years experience with Python including object-oriented design
- 2+ years experience in onboarding, mentoring and coaching colleagues in junior positions
- Experience working cross-functionally, especially with Product and Data Science teams
- Team player to effectively bring across complex ideas and concepts with an ability to work on solutions individually
- Experience and desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strategic and analytical thinking
- Full business proficiency in English
Skills to Set You Apart:
- Public cloud experience
- Familiarity with AWS cloud platform, and services like Lambda, DynamoDb, ApiGW
- Energy industry experience
At Entrix, we are committed to diversity - of backgrounds and experiences. You don’t need 100% of the preferred qualifications to add incredible value to our team. If you’re passionate about what you could accomplish here, we’d love to hear from you.
- Competitive Compensation Package: Including salary, benefits and options
- Professional Development: Annual development budget of 3,000 € for coachings, trainings, books, etc.
- Health & Sport Subsidy: Company subsidised sports facilities membership
- Public Transportation Subsidy: Monthly subsidy to your public transport ticket
- Lunch/Dinner Allowance Vouchers: Allowance for meals on working days as digital meal vouchers
- Work Equipment: Mac Book or Windows Laptop, iPhone (also for private use) and ergonomic workplace
- Regular Team Events: Knowledge Sessions, Afterwork, Sports, Offsites, Halloween, Pride Month, etc.
- Flexible Work Setup: An office at the heart of Munich and possibility to work from home
Your contact person is Kristina Kilian (People & Culture Manager).
If you have any questions, feel free to send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
Your application has been successfully submitted.