Commercial Lead - Energy Storage
Aurora is looking for Commercial Lead – Energy Storage to join our Oxford office.
Internal title - Senior Commercial Associate
Hybrid role - 3 days in office, 2 days from home
About the position
Aurora is an industry leader in providing analysis and software products for the flexible energy and battery market across Europe. We are seeking an Associate in our Commercial team to bring this work to our clients. In doing so you will at the forefront of this exciting, growing sector and help drive the energy transition.
You will work in our dynamic European Commercial team, responsible for sales and account management activities of our flexible subscription and software services. You will play a key role in all aspects of client interactions and business development with the most prominent companies involved in the sector. The role will focus on creating/developing sales opportunities for our full range of global flexible energy products, with a particular focus on the UK.
The successful candidate will combine a strong commercial mindset, great communication and relationship management skills, passion to develop new business, high eagerness to learn, and experience in energy markets. You will work in a dynamic, stimulating, and collaborative environment.
From its academic roots, Aurora Energy Research has grown to become the largest dedicated power market analytics company in Europe, providing data-driven intelligence for strategic decisions in the global energy transformation. We are a diverse team of around 350 experts with vast energy, financial and consulting backgrounds, covering power, hydrogen, carbon and fossil commodities. We are active in Europe, Australia and the US, working with world-leading organisations to provide comprehensive market intelligence, bespoke analytic and advisory services, and cutting-edge software.
We are a thriving, rapidly growing company with offices in Oxford, Berlin, Paris, Sydney, Madrid, California and Austin, and more opening soon. We currently serve around 600 of Europe’s most influential energy sector participants, including utilities, investors and governments, and expect to continue to grow rapidly, adding new countries and products to our portfolio.
- Represent Aurora across the industry and develop strong relationships with a wide range of customers, including developers, investors, banks and utilities.
- Build and maintain knowledge of flexible energy markets and battery business cases to be able to discuss this with our clients.
- Qualify, develop, and maintain sales opportunities thorough company and product knowledge, researching consumer needs and identifying how our solutions can meet them.
- Generate leads and grow existing relationships to develop an active, repeat customer base.
- Pitch our offerings to senior personnel and make proposals to existing and potential customers.
- Negotiate and contract structured offers.
- Use Salesforce CRM to ensure standard processes during all sales stages.
- Provide account management to ensure excellent customer experience and high engagement.
- Contribute to new product development and improving our existing offerings.
What we offer
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector.
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops and webinars.
- The opportunity to grow into a publicly visible industry expert.
- A fun, informal and international work culture.
- An office in the centre of Oxford, with coffee, fruit and snacks available in the office.
- A competitive salary and bonus package, based on level of experience.
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills.
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, part-time hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity.
What we are looking for
- Strong commercial mindset, including creativity and intuition for opportunities that create impact and commercial success.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and cope with uncertainty.
- Excellent organisation skills and a high degree of persistence and diligence.
- A can-do attitude and willingness to help wherever needed.
- Motivated by achieving tangible individual and team commercial targets.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with both technically and non-technically minded people.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication as well as interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiasm and curiosity about the energy transition.
- Sales, business development and client relationship experience is highly desired – especially any experience in energy-related subscription sales.
- Experience in flexible energy projects, particularly energy store/batteries.
- Experience with Salesforce.
- Previous professional exposure to energy economics, power markets and power networks would be an advantage.
The successful candidate would start as soon as possible. We will review applications as they are received. Salary will be competitive with experience.
To apply, please submit your CV, a brief cover letter, your salary expectations and state your earliest possible start date to the Apply for this position button.
Your application has been successfully submitted.