Project Engineer Storage (f/m/d)
Trina Solar is an internationally recognized solar energy company. Our growing global presence includes regional headquarters in US, Switzerland, Japan and China with offices in Madrid, Munich, Milan, the UK, San Jose, Seoul, Tokyo and Shanghai, to provide our customers with timely, reliable service.
As Trina Storage continues to expand, we are looking for talent who are passionate about energy storage solutions. From research and development, to sales and marketing, to manufacturing and operations - Trina Storage is seeking a candidate who thrives in a challenging and dynamic work environment. If this sounds like you, we invite you to apply to join our dedicated team of professionals and contribute daily to bringing clean, reliable, and cost effective solar energy and storage solutions to customers around the globe.
For our team in the UK, we are currently looking for a Project Engineer Storage:
- Develop project plans that will establish project objectives, costs, schedule, resource requirements, integration of technical scope, and methods to measure progress.
- Responsible for project specific component specifications and support the design reviews
- Perform and coordinate technical review of supplier documentation
- Coordinate and review all factory acceptance tests
- Envolve and review site acceptance testing
- Manage the communication with internal and external project stakeholders
- Lead technical activities during execution phase of BESS projects
- Supervise the design of all contractual scoping requirements and compliance with agreed technical specifications
- Commission and coordinate commissioning activities for the battery system (incl. battery racks, PCS, PPC, SCADA)
- Prepare handover documentation to customer incl. document versioning
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Power Systems Engineering or a related field
- 3 years of experience within a similar role (Renewables – PV, Wind, microgrid, BESS projects a plus)
- Detailed components level understanding of BESS, PCS and substation components
- Experience of on-site BESS integration and SAT`s and electrical system design, relay coordination, protection & control
- Familiarity with communication protocols such as RS485, CANBUS, Modbus TCP, Modbus RTU, etc.
- Familiarity with applicable codes, standards and regulations used in UK and EU, additional countries like Australia and USA is an advantage
- Knowledge of BESS services / applications such as FFR, DC etc.
- Willingness to travel Europe-wide but also internationally up to 20-30% of the time
- Fluent in English, additional language is a plus
Leading the Energy Transition through Storage