Project Development Manager
Based in Sydney or Melbourne, this role represents an opportunity to gain wide exposure across the full breadth of battery energy storage system project development and to accelerate the career of a motivated candidate seeking to grow in this exciting sector. You will work directly with an experienced renewable energy development team, assisting across a broad range of activities including design, planning, contracting, grid connections, financing, construction and operations.
In this newly created role, you will take on the responsibility for the development, engineering and project management during both the development and construction phase of our Australian BESS projects. You will work with multi-disciplinary teams to identify project risks, barriers, and issues and propose possible solutions and mitigation strategies, ensure Quality and Health, Safety, Security and Environment project requirements are met, and ensure interfaces with contractors and stakeholders are identified and appropriately managed to drive projects through development and construction.
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering or associated technical fields such as planning and environment;
- >3 years work experience in the energy industry in either consultancy, project development or construction capacities;
- Excellent project management and problem-solving skills;
- A track-record of adapting to new challenges and problem-solving in a rapidly changing environment;
- Knowledge of Battery Energy Storage System design, control, and performance requirements;
- High-level working knowledge of power system engineering, power conversion technology and grid connection requirements in the Australian National Electricity Market;
- A can-do attitude and strong self-motivation;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills, including the ability to engage and work with third-party consultants, suppliers and development partners;
- Competency in relevant software packages such as Microsoft Excel, Project-management software, and CAD-based tools;
- Commitment to workplace and project health, safety and environment management.
A career at Eku Energy means you’ll have the opportunity to develop and utilise new skills, working in a fast-changing sector to help deliver innovative projects that will positively impact the lives of people around the world.
At Eku Energy, we’re passionate about driving the clean energy transition, helping energy systems match renewable generation to demand.
If you would like to build a rewarding career, where you can work flexibly in an inclusive and supportive culture that enables you to thrive and focus on what matters, then Eku Energy is for you.
Supportive work life balance with flexible work schedules
Comprehensive health and dental benefits
Employee recognition and bonus programs
Support of professional development and reimbursement of membership dues
Relocation assistance for individuals and families
Eku is committed to promoting a workforce without boundaries. One that welcomes everyone to contribute to our success regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or age. If you require arrangements during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you.
Securing tomorrow's energy today