WHSE Global Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Work, Health, Safety and Environment (WHSE) Manager to work in our London, Melbourne or Sydney office supporting Eku Energy’s Global operations.
You will collaborate with our teams in London, Melbourne, Sydney, Tokyo and Taipei, to ensure the WHSE agenda remains aligned with business strategies and corporate principles and practices.
We develop, build, own and operate grid-scale battery storage projects in key markets around the world, including the UK, Australia, Japan, and Taiwan.
This role is a unique opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join our team during an exciting period of growth as we work to advance the global clean energy transition.
Initially established by Macquarie’s Green Investment Group, Eku Energy is jointly owned by a Macquarie Asset Management managed fund and British Columbia Investment Management Corporation (BCI).
In this newly created role, you will lead the WHSE function globally for our fast-growing global energy storage business and develop the WHSE management strategy, framework and programme to look after activities across the full WHSE lifecycle.
The successful candidate will be passionate about contributing to an emerging industry within the clean energy transition and be excited by the challenge of providing high-quality business support in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Setting the overall WHSE strategy, frameworks and management system for the business
- Implementing the required systems and processes to manage day-to-day operations from an WHSE perspective
- Advising the CEO and senior leadership team on all matters related to WHSE
- Putting in place frameworks such that WHSE activities at a project level are carried out in accordance with regulations, client requirements, international standards and corporate standards, including supply chain, vessel operations etc.
- Provide WHSE support to legal for contracts and agreements with partners and contractors
- Provide oversight of incident investigations and follow-up actions
- Provide Board level incident statistics, reporting of leading and lagging indicators for portfolio of projects
- Develop and deliver HSE training programs and WHSE initiatives to raise awareness and build capabilities throughout the organisation
- Lead in WHSE assurance/audit programs
- Ensure appropriate WHSE resourcing to global projects
- Monitor the effectiveness of implementation of a global Environment, Social and Governance management system (policies, processes and procedures) and update them in line with changes in laws and regulations in multiple countries
- Lead the formulation, evaluation and manage approval of sustainability strategies and polices (e.g. carbon reduction, energy and green procurement, waste, community engagement)
- Define and implementation the company's sustainability objectives, initiatives and KPIs and drive improvement in sustainability performance across the business and across multiple projects including in Australia, the UK and Japan
- Review and execute sustainability program objectives, progress and status to ensure compliance with policies and standards, as well as various local regulations and laws
- Monitor and report on sustainability/ESG performance and progress to both internal and external stakeholders, including creation of ESG reports and progress reports to the CEO and the Board;
- Develop, or oversee the development of, sustainability evaluation or monitoring systems across multiple projects
At Eku Energy, we’re passionate about driving the clean energy transition, helping drive the decarbonisation of energy systems around the world. A career at Eku Energy means you’ll have the opportunity to develop and utilise new skills, working together in a high-trust team and fast-changing sector to help deliver innovative energy storage projects that will positively impact the lives of people and economies.
If you would like to build a rewarding career, where you can work flexibly in an inclusive and supportive culture that enables you to thrive and focus on what matters, then Eku Energy is for you.
Supportive work life balance with flexible work schedules
25 days holiday plus all statutory leave and public holidays
Comprehensive health benefits
Employee recognition and bonus programs
Support of professional development and reimbursement of membership dues
Relocation assistance for individuals and families
Paid time off to volunteer
Regular team events
Eku is committed to promoting a workforce without boundaries. One that welcomes everyone to contribute to our success regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or age. If you require arrangements during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you.
Securing tomorrow's energy today