In-house Legal Counsel
Type: Full-time Contract or Permanent
Salary: Negotiable depending on qualifications and experience
Noriker Power develops large scale capital projects delivering flexibility services to support a renewable grid, such as frequency control and stability to National System Operators, and power flexibility to market participants. Through innovation and a strong motivation to protect the environment, Noriker has grown into a vertically integrated developer and service provider in this increasingly important market. We have already developed and built over 300MW of large-scale battery and hybrid facilities – that’s enough to stabilise 5GW of wind, which in turn powers over 250,000 homes!
As an associate of Equinor, a key player in the global energy transition, we develop projects under a strategic cooperation agreement, placing Noriker Power at the forefront of the sustainable energy revolution, and unlocking the next phase of Noriker's growth. Our pipeline of larger transmission grid connected projects is now being accelerated towards the construction and operational phases.
You are self-motivated, enthusiastic about what you do, committed to perpetual learning, and want to contribute to solving one of the greatest problems of our time – climate change. You have a mature outlook, a strong work ethic, and a belief that true collective achievement is intrinsically a product of graft and application.
The legal counsel will contribute to the success of the business by providing a professional in-house legal service to the projects and senior management teams, as well as representing the interests of the client, with a strong focus on commercial contracts for EPC and long term technical services provision. The contract values and complexities are significant, representing the costs and risks associated with building national infrastructure projects.
- Collaborate with the management team providing legal services that are fit for future growth of the business with particular emphasis on commercial law, contract drafting/negotiation, and contract management
- Provide general and commercial legal support to businesses in the Group, including advice on tender proposals, contract drafting, review and negotiation, deal with ad-hoc legal issues, and support the Group's M&A strategy
- Provide expert, pragmatic, commercial, and risk aware advice and support on issues for the whole Company
- Proactively identify arising risk areas and work with key stakeholders across the business to develop and deliver risk mitigation solutions
- Draft and negotiate contracts with business partners, suppliers and customers
- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders
- Provide and manage a suite of standard contract templates to support project development covering land rights, capital equipment supply and warranty, EPC management and construction
- Assist with Company secretarial matters
- Ensure document management to meet governance and compliance requirements
- Become an expert resource for the group on complex regulation in the electricity sector
- Promote the Company's culture and assist with the delivery of risk management strategies and compliance across the Company
- Working on ad-hoc matters as requested
- Extensive in-house or practice experience of company/commercial law, negotiation and drafting of a wide range of complex commercial contracts
- Experience with EPC contracts is desirable
- A good degree and legal qualification
- At least 2 years post-qualification experience as a lawyer
- Evidence of being a self-starter who is good at identifying problems and proactively remedying them
- Ability to act with a high level of integrity, discretion and honesty and the ability to command respect
- Strong ability to work under pressure and meet demanding deadlines
- Ability to grasp complex situations, get up to speed quickly, and present considered advice as to how to resolve challenges that arise
- Evidence of commercial awareness
- Eligible to work permanently in the UK.
- Valid UK Driving License
We are committed to equal opportunities and a working environment based on merit alone.